UCI Finance Professor Christopher Schwarz and I will be discussing the 2020 economic outlook, and Dr. Richard Afable will be discussing “The Future of the Healthcare System”.
This is a lunch time event (from 11:15 am to 1:30 pm) at the Balboa Bay Resort.
Click here for more information and tickets. Tickets are $65 for members, and $75 for non-members and includes lunch. (I’m speaking for free).
• At 8:30 AM: The initial weekly unemployment claims report will be released. The consensus is for 208 thousand initial claims, down from 209 thousand last week.
• Also at 8:30 AM: Retail sales for July is scheduled to be released. The consensus is for 0.3% increase in retail sales.
• Also at 8:30 AM: The New York Fed Empire State manufacturing survey for August. The consensus is for a reading of 2.5, down from 4.3.
• Also at 8:30 AM: the Philly Fed manufacturing survey for August. The consensus is for a reading of 11.1, down from 21.8.
• At 9:15 AM: The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for July. The consensus is for a 0.1% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to decrease to 77.8%.
• At 10:00 AM: The August NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 66, up from 65. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.