1. Here’s boxer Teofimo Lopez knocking out opponent Mason Menard in the first round of their Saturday bout at Madison Square Garden:
That Teofimo Lopez shot was ugly. pic.twitter.com/zTX7OxxKqH
— Produkt (@ProduKtJRG) December 9, 2018
2. Seconds after that, Lopez put on a Kyler Murray Oklahoma jersey and struck a Heisman pose for ESPN’s camera.
So, Teofimo Lopez got a first round KO and then put on a Kyler Murray jersey and struck the Heisman pose. Glorious. #Sooners pic.twitter.com/NyfO1VEKtM
— Lee Benson (@LeeBensonNews9) December 9, 2018
3. This was, obviously, a meticulously planned out thing:
Teofimo Lopez hit the Heisman pose after ANOTHER KO pic.twitter.com/3iCP1yGxrU
— ESPN (@espn) December 9, 2018
“I’m gonna strike a pose for the Heisman Trophy thing, you know?” Lopez said. “Let’s get it.” And then he went right ahead and did it, striking the trophy’s famous pose.
Lopez was only blocks away from the New York theater where Murray had just been awarded the Heisman. The announcement came about a half-hour before the KO, which brings up a two vital questions.
- Was Lopez certain Murray would win?
- Did he have Dwayne Haskins and Tua Tagovailoa jerseys in store, too?
Anyway, this rules, and there’s only one thing Lopez could have done to make his post-KO, Kyler Murray-centric celebration better.
You already know what it is:
Kyler Murray flashing the horns down next to Wall Street’s Charging Bull. Hope the Big 12 isn’t watching or he might get flagged at the #HeismanTrophy Ceremony. ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/2tyZSIm1vk
— RedditCFB (@RedditCFB) December 9, 2018
It’s a plenty respectable effort anyway.
Short term investment plans advice