Can the Titans make a late-season playoff push? They’ll try to make it 2-0 against the Jaguars this season on “Thursday Night Football.”
The Tennessee Titans sit at 6-6, three games back in the AFC South but in a decent position to make a push for a playoffs, especially after snapping a two-game losing skid their last time out. They’ll play host to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday Night Football for Week 14, beginning at 8:20 p.m. ET on NFL Network and FOX (live streaming via FuboTV, FOX Sports GO, NFL).
Jacksonville is 4-8, though they snapped a seven-game losing skid in their last outing, but it wasn’t necessarily impressive. In fact, Jacksonville’s 6-0 win over the Colts was a pretty poor showing all around.
This will be the second time these teams face each other this season, with Tennessee winning the first outing, 9-6. In that game, Marcus Mariota was active but still dealing with an elbow injury. Blaine Gabbert started for Tennessee, but suffered ac oncussion and was replaced by a hobbled Mariota, who did just enough to lead the Titans to a victory.
Below is all you need to know to watch the action on Thursday.
Time, TV, and streaming info
- Time: 8:20 p.m. ET
- Location: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tenn.
- TV: NFL Network, FOX
- Streaming: Amazon Prime, FuboTV, FOX Sports GO, NFL
- Odds: The Titans opened as 3.5-point favorites, though the gap increased throughout the week.
Jaguars vs. Titans news
- These are divisional rivals, but is there actually a rivalry? Yeah. Yeah there is. The hate is real.
- Of particular note for the Jaguars is the play of Ronnie Harrison at safety. He made his first start last week, and has the confidence of Doug Marrone going forward.
- The Jaguars aren’t officially eliminated from playoff contention but realistically, all they’re looking to do is slow some of the momentum that the Titans are building by playing spoiler.
- Jacksonville, notably, will get running back Leonard Fournette back for the game after a one-game suspension.
- Both the Titans and the Jaguars happen to be mostly healthy going into Thursday’s game,
- The Titans are struggling to keep Marcus Mariota protected, and they may need to make some changes.
- The Titans recently added some running back help in the form of Jeremy McNichols, formerly of the 49ers.
Jaguars vs. Titans prediction
In the SB Nation Week 14 NFL picks, five of the seven think the Titans will win, leaving two to pick the Jaguars. The coin flip landed on the Jaguars, while the OddsShark computer is picking Tennessee.
Short term investment plans advice